Scenes from a Marriage (1973)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 15 items
Sex & Nudity
- A man and a woman have sex on the floor. No nudity is seen.
- A man and a woman kiss occasionally throughout.
- A man and a woman have sex in a bed.
- A woman asks her husband if he "wants her," but he says no.
- Brief view of a man's rear end while he is changing clothes.
- Brief shot of a photograph of the full frontal view of a naked 10-year-old girl. The photograph is shown in the context of a series of photos of the girl's childhood. There is also a photograph of the girl as a teenager in which a lot of cleavage is visible.
- The topic of sex within marriage and extramarital affairs is discussed throughout the mini-series. The discussions do not have graphic details, but slang such as s*rew is used on occasion.
Violence & Gore
- A man slaps his wife in the face, who bleeds from her nose.
- A man kicks his wife (presumably in the stomach) while she is lying on the floor.
- Mild, but emotionally intense verbal fighting between a man and a woman several times throughout. Words such as "bastard," "dumbass," and "idiot" are used. The f-word is used once. All spoken language in the film is Swedish.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man is seen smoking pipe and cigarettes throughout.
- A woman is seen smoking cigarettes throughout.
- Alcohol is consumed throughout.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The fighting between the characters is very intense and could frighten some viewers.
- NOTE: This film was originally rated PG, but that was back when there was no PG-13. This film would probably be PG-13 today (or TV-14, since it was actually a television mini-series.)